Current Lines

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Viva Dos Y Quatro!

We had a light turnout for Tin Man's $5 NLHE Tourney with only five runners showing up to pitch a few cards. Normally, if we have less then six players,we'll forget the tournament and just play the cash game. Since we hadn't gotten together in a month, we decided to go ahead and play the tournament.

Philly Phanatic won the bounty when he knocked out Lil' Annie Okie. He also felted Big Daddy and I toe-tagged Tin Man. Philly had a big chip lead when we got heads up, but I was beginning to chip away at his stack when I met my demise.

I open raised 2.5X from the SB with A-Q with Philly calling and we saw a flop of A-2-8. Philly checked and I bet half the pot. Philly called and we saw a 4 on the turn. I pushed and Philly insta-called and tabled the strongest hand in poker according to the Poker Grump... 2-4.

UGH.

About half-way thru the cash game I peeked down at 2-4 soooted and decided, "What the heck!" and called a raise by tossing in a few chips. The flop? A-3-5 of course, and Big Daddy had an ace, which cost him all his chips by the time we got to the river :)

Viva dos y quatro!

I ended the evening $20 to the good. Philly won a few bucks, with Tin Man dropping a few and both Annie and Big Daddy getting beat up pretty good.

It was nice getting together with the Friday night gang after a long layoff. Winning a little cashola didn't hurt anything either : )

Till next time, win the flips.

1 comment: