Current Lines

Monday, April 16, 2012

Duck Dynasty

Have you seen the new TV show on the A&E network? Duck Dynasty has gone to the top five on my "must watch" list. My favorite scene is the two boys practicing tee shots, with their dad and uncle standing off to the side shooting the driven golf balls like you would skeet. Hilarious!

However, this post isn't really about the show, but about my recent run in our Vegas Or Bust Poker League. I've been runnin' goot!

Seated from left to right on your radio dial were all ten league players, Ollie the Accountant, Philly Phanatic, Lil' Annie Okie, Stamps, J-Dawg, Bobby Dee, Tin Man, Dealer Larry, Big Daddy, and yours truly, Lucki Duck.

This was the fourth of 16 league tournaments. At the end of league play, seats to the 2013 WSOP will be awarded to the first and second place finishers.

Blinds start low and increase slowly to allow for plenty of play. Because of that, all ten players were still alive almost two hours in. Stamps was the first casualty of the evening when he ran his pocket queens into my aces and didn't improve. Big Daddy was next out, when Dealer Larry's set beat his two pair. J-Dawg was the next to fall when his pocket jacks got run down by A-K.

Philly busted in seventh, followed by Bobby Dee, who had built a nice stack early, but couldn't hold onto it. Dealer Larry exited in fifth, followed by Tin Man in fourth.

I felted Ollie when my A-K held over his A-T.

As Annie and I entered heads-up play, she held a slight lead, but with blinds at $500-1000 (only $15,000 in play), it was anyone's tourney to win. I was able to win a couple hands and steal the blinds a couple of times, and suddenly I held a 4-1 chip advantage.

On the final hand, Annie was the SB ($500), and pushed her $1,200 chip stack. With the pot at $2,700 and only $700 more for me to call, I threw in the $700 blind, knowing it was a call with ATC.

Annie tables 9-6 off and I said "I hope mine are good," and turned over a 5, followed by a 6.

Damn. Dominated.

But, as I mentioned earlier, I have been running good in these tourneys. This hand was no exception, as I rivered a gut shot straight for the win!

After finishing third in the first tournament, I've now won three in a row.

Duck Dynasty indeed : )

Till next time, win the flips.

3 comments:

  1. Damn another one of those luckbox posts.

    Those are so much fun to write, ain't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I have saturated with the cable television faux reality shows.

    Congrats on your run good. It would sure be nice seeing your efforts result in a WSOP tourney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your take-down!

    Regarding the Duck Dynasty thing: Even if you didn't copywrite it, you have legal rights. I'd see an attorney if I were you. Don't let them steal your shtick.

    ReplyDelete