Current Lines

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

SNG Challenge- Race to 100



I entered a $7.77 Triple Up tournament on Bovada after the Super Bowl last night and finished in first for win #8 in my challenge.

The tournament came down to two hands, one very early and the other ended play.

In only the second hand, with blinds at 10/20 ($1500T starting stack), I was under the gun with A-T offsuit. I open-raised to $40, with the action folded around to the big blind, who defended.

The flop of T-K-K appeared to be a good one for me, especially after a check from the BB. I bet $50, hoping to keep  my opponent on board. I got more than that when he check-raised to $234.

"Weird," I thought, "If he really has a king, why would he try to push me off my hand?"

I called.

A harmless 4 on the turn produced a $1200 bet from the BB, leaving only $26 behind.

Even more weird.

"No way you play trips like that," I thought and pushed all-in for the additional $26.

And the BB folded! For $26. Guess he didn't like the pot odds?  :)

Anyway, my stack increased by $1474 and I was off to a good start.

The final hand began with blinds at 150/300/30 with four players (the bubble) left. I had the button and $4077 when I peeked down at A-J and raised to $625. The big blind, who had a similar stack size with $3355 called.

I liked the 2-A-5 rainbow flop and smooth called a $600 bet, hoping my opponent might make a mistake later in the hand.

I wasn't disappointed when he pushed his last $2100 in the middle when a 4 hit the turn. I called and was shown pocket sixes. A ten on the river ended the tournament with me at the top with $7642.

Eight down, 92 to go!

Till next time, win the flips.


No comments:

Post a Comment