Current Lines

Friday, March 11, 2011

J-Dawg's Poker Extravaganza

"Texas" Cheeseburger!
I played my first session of live poker last night at J-Dawgs. We had 10 runners show up for some food and fun.

Bobby Dee grilled some burgers which were quite tasty. I topped mine with some jalapeno cheese to give it a little kick. As Andy Griffith used to say on the Ritz cracker commercial, "Mmmmmm, mmmmm." A few Lay's barbecue chips, Girl Scout cookies for dessert, and we were ready to put some cards in the air.

I won a decent pot in the first hand I played in this $20 buy-in, dealer's choice limit game. I rivered my straight playing hold 'em, adding around $6-7 to my coffer. Unfortunately, that was the high point of my evening, as I finished with a $15 loss. Fifteen bucks isn't a lot of money, but it's a pretty good hickey for this game. Oh well.

Riverboat J was the big winner again. The guy was just a card rack, hitting draws left and right. No doubt he's one of the better players at the table, but he's really been runnin' goot lately! Farmer Harry also had a big night, cashing in a little north of $50. J-Dawg won the High Hand Jackpot with a full boat, aces over threes. Ray Ray was on the receiving end of the beat down last night, coming in second time after time and walking away almost $40 lighter. Ouch!

Poker at Tin Man's tonight. Hopefully I can make up some of my losses from last night.



                                ***********************************

The blackjack covers I ordered from the Gamblers General Store came in the other day, so I have a weekend project. Saturday I have to work at the antique/gift store where Ms Lucki Duck and I display our merchandise, so it will be Sunday before I tackle it. But, the weather is suppose to be nice, with temperature in the 70s, so I'll probably set up in the garage and knock it out.

Till next time, win the flips.

1 comment:

  1. I hope we get that warm weather soon. Almost halfway through March and there is still too much of a feel of winter where I live.

    ReplyDelete