Current Lines

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Vegas or Bust Poker League Tournament

Our Vegas or Bust Poker League met last Friday for the 11th of 16 league tournaments. Once the season is complete, the top two players in the standings win a trip to Vegas to participate in the 2013 WSOP.

Bobby Dee elected to go deer hunting and missed the tourney which means he didn't receive any points. Big Daddy was the first one out again, followed by J-Dawg, Ollie the Accountant, and moi. It's the second tournament in a row in which I finished closer to the bottom than the top. Disappointing.

Fortunately, I built a hefty lead early by reeling off five wins in a row, so I still have a nice lead, but really would like to have a top three finish next month.

Lil' Annie Okie had a nice stack of chips going into the middle stages, but had to walk away because of a stomach bug. She looked and felt terrible. Too bad, I think she had a good chance of winning, which she sorely needs to do.

Dealer Larry had a good night finishing fourth, followed by Tin Man.

Philly Phanatic and Stamps had a short heads up battle that ended when Philly hit a full house to take the win.

With five tourneys to go I have a 10 point lead (79-69) on second place and 11 over third. If I can finish in the top five in the rest of the tournaments, that should be enough to hold on to my seat to the WSOP. I sure hope I'm able to hang on, with Ms. Duck losing her job it's probably our only chance to get out there anytime soon. Fingers crossed :)

Click here for the complete standings.

Till next time, win the flips.

No comments:

Post a Comment