Current Lines

Monday, March 11, 2013

"Wacko from Waco"

Celebrity Sighting.

A man in a Mercedes pulled into the parking place next to me at the post office this morning. I was walking behind him when a glove fell out of his coat pocket.

"Sir," I said as I picked it up, "You dropped your glove."

"Thanks," he said.

"No problem," you wouldn't want to be mistaken for Michael Jackson, running around with one glove on!" I said.

He laughed and held up his right hand, which was missing a couple fingers. "Don't think that's gonna happen," he said behind a grin.

That's when I realized I was talking with Billy Joe Shaver.

He's a song he wrote about an "incident" he had in Waco a few years ago. Willie Nelson sang on the record, but not at this concert.

1 comment:

  1. Lucki Duck: "Sir, you dropped your glove. Where do you want it?

    BANG lololol

    ReplyDelete