Current Lines

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Life and Death and Poker

The cards have treated me much better the past week.

Last Friday I was able to win the tournament at Tin Man's, hitting a straight in heads up play against OxyJohn for the win. I added a few more dollars in the cash games and walked away $22 to the good.

My good fortune continued last night at the Duck Blind, winning another $26. The deck hit me in the face pretty consistently, and I was able to bluff J-Dawg off a hand, which is always more fun than winning a pot with the best hand.

Ray-Ray won the High Hand Jackpot with quad kings in a hand of Omaha in our $20 buy-in, dealer's choice limit game. He also was the big winner on the evening, leaving with an extra $53 in his wallet.

Ray and his wife Van have had a tough week. Last Wednesday they learned that Van's sister had died suddenly from a brain aneurism. Forty-two years old with a 13 year old daughter. Ray said that they were bringing the daughter (Katelyn) into their home and would raise her. Fortunately they live in the same school district, so at least Katelyn won't have to change schools. Keep this family in your thoughts and prayers in the coming days.

Ms. Duck celebrates another birthday today.

For you my love.

 
Life goes on.


No comments:

Post a Comment