Current Lines

Sunday, January 30, 2011

And The Beat(ing) Goes On

My online downswing continued yesterday, booking my fourth consecutive losing session. I don't know how many times I got it in with the villain drawing to three outs, and hitting every time. The highlight of my session was a hand I raised from middle position with A-Q offsuit. One caller and I saw a flop of A-Q-T. All three cards were popcorn, so I bet the pot +10%, making the villian pay for any flush draws. I got a call. The turn and river were both blanks. I bet both streets, getting it all-in on the river. The villain tabled K-J of popcorn, FLOPPING the royal flush!

It's not often you flop top two pair and are drawing dead.

OK, enough whining.
  
     ***************************************************

Live poker has gone a little better. I made a $3 profit at J-Dawg's Poker Extravaganza last Thursday. It doesn't sound like much, but my $20 starting stack had dwindled to $5. I won a couple large pots near the end of the evening to pull ahead. It wasn't much, but at least I didn't lose :o)

The highlight of the evening was when Woody flopped a royal flush in a game of Omaha, winning the high hand jackpot for the night. Add that to the previously mentioned royal online, and that's two FLOPPED royal flushes in three nights. Wow.

Tin Man's $5 NLHE Tourney on Friday was rough. I got into a big pot with Bluffin' Bev when I raised from early position with A-Q and Bev pushed for 5 BB with pocket nines. The flop brought a Q, leaving Bev drawing to two outs. The turn was a blank, but the river was the dreaded nine.

The hand crippled me, and I was down to 5 BB myself when I was dealt pocket kings in the BB. Wheee! There were several limpers and I pushed my final $50T. Bev called with K-5 offsuit. The flop was dry, but the turn was a five, as was the river and I was done.

Ugh.

The $2 cash game went well. I won a big $10 pot off of Ron. I raised 3.5X the BB from UTG with A-K soooted. Ron pushed for $5 with pocket twos. Ron is a laggy player that tries to run over the table, often with success. I knew he could be pushing a wide range, most of which I was beating, soI called and spiked my king on the flop. Unlike the tournament, the kings held! Yea!

I cashed out with a $16 profit. Best night I've had in a while!

Till next time, win the flips.

2 comments:

  1. all-in on the river. The villain tabled K-J of popcorn, FLOPPING the royal flush!

    Well, at least you lost to the nuts. What's pop corn, btw?

    ReplyDelete