Current Lines

Friday, October 26, 2012

Pokerpalozza!


We had seven runners sit down to pitch a few cards last night at our Pokerpalozza. Seated from left to right on your radio dial were Ray-Ray, Stamps, Gentleman Jim, J-Dawg, Dealer Larry, Bobby Dee, and yours truly.

J-Dawg had a rough night, which is unusual, as he is one of the better players in our game. Time after time, he would have the winning hand, only to be run down on the river. By the time the carnage was over, he had dropped around $30, which is sizeable in this $20 buy in, dealer's choice game.

It looked like Gentleman Jim was going to take home the High Hand Jackpot when he hit quad nines in a hand of Omaha, but I was able to snatch it away from him when I turned quad jacks in a hand of hold 'em and was able to walk away a winner on the night.

Stamps was on fire, picking up big hands, one after the other, and padded his bankroll to the tune of about $20. Ray-Ray won a little, with Larry and Jim dropping a few dollars, and Bobby losing around $20.

We had the World Series on the tube while we were playing, and I was both surprised and impressed by Bumgarner's performancefor the Giants against the Tigers. As I noted in my MLB Picks post yesterday, he had pretty much been lit up the last few weeks, but stepped up when he had to. Well done.

No poker at Tin Man's tonight, because he and Lil' Annie Okie are out of town, so I guess I'll have to stave off any withdrawal symptons that might occur.

Till next time, win the flips.

3 comments:

  1. So you had the World Series on; ok, I think I understand.

    Then you mentioned Bumgarner; so, I start thinking; what seat was he in. Oh, that World Series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!

      THE World Series KP! C'mon, get with it :)

      Delete
  2. The World Series of Pot Scrubbers? Or is it the kitchen crew at some World Series? Is that the Poker Kitchen that everybody has written about? You're really getting me more confused than ever.

    ReplyDelete