Current Lines

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Flashing That Double Nickel Smile!

Today I became eligible for my discount at IHOP and a bunch of other restaurants and establishments by turning 55.

The day I was born, Elvis was #1 on the charts with "Jailhouse Rock." Other top 10 hits were "Diana" (Paul Anka), and "That'll Be the Day (Buddy Holly and the Crickets). "Twelve Angry Men" was tops at the theaters.

I still feel good, do some light running, a few push ups everyday, take my meds religiously. I guess I'm a little surprised that 55 got here so quickly.

 Zoom, zoom!

I'm meeting my family this evening at a local restaurant, should be about 7 or 8 of us, then home for cake and presents.

Hopefully, I'll get a shedder so I can properly dispose of my new AARP card.

Those bastards really know how to rub it in :)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the milestone. AARP sent me a card when I was 50!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell, I got socks older than that. I will avoid the discussion of underwear.

    But Congratulations! In a while, Mojo and I will discuss moving you to the adult's table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As to AARP...
    It is nothing more than an insurance marketing plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have had a good birthday ... old guy!

    ReplyDelete