Current Lines

Monday, October 1, 2012

Big Daddy Goes Duck Hunting


It was a wild time at Tin Man's $5 NLHE Tournament Friday night. I guess that's a little misleading, as the tourney wasn't that exciting, but the cash game was chock full of big pots.

Seated at the tournament table were Big Daddy, Flyboy, Shooter (new player), Philly Phanatic, Lil' Annie Okie, Tin Man, and yours truly.

I started fast, picking up several big starting hands and getting paid off in a couple of them, but then had a bad run of cards when the blinds got big. Big Daddy bluffed me out of a decent pot when he bet big on the river with a board showing four clubs. I folded my trips and Big Daddy showed pocket kings, neither a club.

I open shoved from the button for 6 BB with K-7 suited and was called by both Big Daddy (Q high) and Flyboy (A high). None of us paired and Flyboy knocked out both of us with A-5 and went on to win the tourney. At least he made good use of my chips.

In the $2 buy in cash game my chip stack had some wide swings. At my highest point I had around $15, but ended the evening broke. Big Daddy and I were involved in several big pots, with him getting the last laugh when all was said and done.

In our first tussle, I raised 4X from the button with 5-2 offsuit. I was hoping everyone would fold so I could show the hand, because I felt my image was too tight and I wasn't getting any action on my big hands. Big Daddy decide to protect his BB and we saw a flop of 6-5-2. Big Daddy checked, I bet 3/4 pot, and he shoved for his last $4. I called with my two pair and Big Daddy tabled T-T. Of course, runner runner kings gave him the better two pair.

Crap.

I did win most of it back when my full house beat his straight, but then lost when my top two pair was whipped by his flopped set.

My final hand of the night was pocket aces. I raised 4X BB after a limper and got three callers. A king high board, all clubs. was checked around to me. Figuring at least one of them was on a flush draw, I wanted to make them pay a premium to draw to it and shoved my last $3. Unfortunately, Lil' Okie Annie had already hit her flush with her 6-2 soooted.

Crap again.

I left $10 lighter for the evening, but it was an enjoyable time with good friends. Cheap entertainment.

Till next time, win the flips.

No comments:

Post a Comment