Current Lines

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

BOOM! Goes the Dynamite!

We only had four show up for Tin Man's $5 NLHE Tourney on Friday so we decided to skip it and just play a cash game.

We usually set the buy in at $2, but agreed to raise it to $5, with $2 re-buys, since we weren't ponying up any moolah for the tournament. With the Rangers completing their epic meltdown on the TV in the background, the poker was pretty relaxed, mainly because we have all played together so much, we know each others game top to bottom and don't have to pay attention too closely.

Two hands do stand out however, and I was involved in both. In the first, I open raised from the button with the powerful 2-4 offsuit and was called by Philly Phanatic. The flop showed three hearts with Philly checking and I bet a little over 1/2 pot and got an unwanted call. The turn produced a fourth heart and I once again bet after Philly checked. This time I got the fold I wanted, with Philly showing second pair. I returned the favor by showing him my bluff.

In a later hand I raised from UTG with 9-7 soooted, only to get an all-in 3 bet from Tin Man. It wasn't a whole lot more to call, and the entertainment value of a possible suck out on Tin Man and watching him blow his stack made it worth the risk. Tin Man tabled pocket kings and the mumbling started when the flop gave me a four flush. He felt a little better when the turn was a blank, but the real pissin' and moanin' started when I hit my inside straight redraw on the river :)

You remember the scene in Christmas Vacation when Clark (Chevy Chase) goes off on his boss when he learns his Christmas bonus is a membership to the "Jelly of the Month" Club?


Fun times!

I ended the evening ahead by $8 as did Lil' Annie Okie. Philly dropped $6 and Tin Man took the worst of it with a $10 loss.

On the drive home I was witness to a car wreck at an intersection. Fortunately, no one was seriously injured, but I was delayed for about an hour waiting for the police to show so I could give a statement.

No poker next week as both the Tuesday and Friday home games have been cancelled, so it should be a break even week, at least at the table. Hopefully, I'll be able to make a few bucks on the sports betting side.

Till next time, win the flips.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm ... the content seemed a little better yesterday morning ...

    ReplyDelete