Current Lines

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Crawling Out Of A Hole


No live poker last week as the host at both of the home games I play had other obligations. Where are their priorities?

In my last post I mentioned that I was down about $250 from my bankroll's high water mark on Full Tilt. It was time to do some homework and plug some leaks in my game.

I found my main problem was playing too tight once the blinds got above $50-100. I hate, hate, hate, playing out of position and that was causing me to fold some playable hands from early and middle position. Another issue was my lack of re-raising a late position or button raise. I still won't with a junk hand, but let's just say that my 3 bet range has widened somewhat.

So far the results have been encouraging. I've made back half of the $250 and more importantly, I'm feeling better about my game. Hopefully, the winning will continue!

Happy trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment