Current Lines

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Another Dubya

We had six runners show up for Tin Man's $5 NLHE Tourney last Friday to pitch a few cards.

I was surprised we were able to get together and play since Tin Man had leg bypass surgery on Wednesday. When I went by the hospital to see him on Tuesday, he said that he was planning on hosting the Friday game.

"Uh-huh," I said, "Let's wait and see how you're feeling."

Friday morning his wife, Lil Okie Annie called to say that poker night was on. In the words of the world's greatest pet detective, "Well ... alrighty then!"

Seated clockwise around the table were Big Daddy, Ranger Rick, Philly Phanatic, Lil' Okie Annie, Tin Man, and your humble scribe.

Philly was the first to go when his top two pair lost to Big Daddy's set. He couldn't hold onto his stack however, and was second out when Tin Man's top pair held against Big Daddy's second pair with a busted straight draw.

Annie felted Tin Man, sore leg non-withstanding and suddenly we were down to three.

Ranger Rick pushed with his last two BB. I insta called when the first card I peeked at was a king.

"Ouch'" Rick said when I flipped my cards and fanned them, exposing my kicker. Another king!

"I have one over," he said, tabling A-J.

"Don't let me get "Rob'd'," I thought as the flop was exposed. Fortunately, my kings held and it was down to heads-up with Annie, who was severely short stacked.

We only played three hands before she pushed with the best hand, but I paired my queen on the river for the W!

As is usually the case, I donked around in the $2 cash game and ended up losing four dollars. However, combined with my tournament win, I still cashed out $16 to the good.

I'll be hosting the Pokerpalooza party at the Duck Blind on Tuesday, so be looking for a write-up on it next week.

Till next time, win the flips.

3 comments:

  1. Stealing your Churchill quote for my facebook... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tin Man had leg bypass

    My feeble little mind started thinking of Dorthy and an oil can. But then, I settled on a hand walker's existence.

    Either way, I get fairly good use out of my legs so I'd really hate to see them bypassed.

    ReplyDelete