Current Lines

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Tourney Time At Tin Man's

We had a light turnout for Tin Man's $5 buy-in NLHE Tourney, with only six runners making an appearance. Big Daddy brought his girlfriend Edie. Philly Phanatic also showed along with Lil' Annie Okie, Tin Man, and myself also pulling up a chair to the table.

I got off to a quick start on the first hand, picking up pocket sixes and hitting a set on the flop. Edie, who was playing for only the second time, had limped with pocket aces. The turn paired the board, giving me a boat and half of Edie's stack by the time the hand was over.

Not too long after that hand, I felted Big Daddy. I limped from middle position with Very Josie's favorite hand (J-T) and had an open ended straight draw after the flop. Big Daddy bet about half the pot and I flatted. The turn gave me the nuts and after Big Daddy bet it again, I raised him all-in. His top pair left him drawing dead and he was the first one out.

Philly KO'd Edie in fifth and I toe-tagged Lil' Annie Okie in fourth. Tin Man took care of Philly, and since our stacks were about even, we decided to chop the $30 prize money, plus the $6 bounty since one of us was the bounty. As it turned out, it was me.

Philly was the big winner in the $2 buy-in cash game, crushing the table. I lost $6, but still walked away with a $6 profit on the night. Hopefully, we'll have a bigger turnout next week.

Till next time, win the flips.

2 comments:

  1. The VJ is not bad unless you overplay it.

    Baylor certainly has become a hotbed of college sports lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ lightning- Yeah, I like to play J-T if in middle or late position. It's easy to muck if you don't connect on the flop.

    It's definitely a good time to be a Baylor fan. After years of being a door mat, it's nice to see them winning a few games.

    ReplyDelete