Current Lines

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"Five-O" by BSO

Grange95 and Poker Grump challenged each other to come up with the 25 best TV theme songs to have passed thru those old tinny Philco speakers over the years.

Grange originally went with "Hawaii Five-O", but moved "Cheers" ahead of it on his final list. Poker Grump listed "Five-O" at number one. Since the ringtone on my phone has been "Five-O" for several years, I guess I'd have to put it at the top of my list too. Plus it gives me a chance to listen and share a cover of it by one of my favorite bands, the Brian Setzer Orchestra.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Actually, I prefer this version by The Ventures (plus Max Weinberg): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQSPivbWwuY&list=FLOo9_a9_uJgIBwfz_MG1h1g&index=7&feature=plpp_video

    Drums highlight this guitar song. Dang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mea culpa. Your post has inspired me to revise my rankings and restore Hawaii Five-O to the top spot. Great performance by Brian Setzer Orchestra here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ lightning- The Ventures knock it out of the park in the video you linked. Watching the drummer makes me want to learn how to play. Not enough to actually practice though :)

    @ Grange- Anytime I can change a lawyer's mind has to be considered a good day!

    ReplyDelete