Current Lines

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Vegas or Bust!


Ms. Duck and I will fly out of Austin on Monday via Southwest Airlines heading for Las Vegas. As one of two winners in our Vegas or Bust Poker League, the trip is pretty much paid for, including my buy in to event 7 at the WSOP. We are staying for 11 days, so we will have some out of pocket expenses, but it shouldn't be too bad.

Since we are staying so long, we have decided to take a few side trips that we never had time to on previous visits. The Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, and possibly a drive to Laughlin to meet up with Dealer Larry are on the agenda.

I'm also hoping to meet lightning (and possibly Memphis Mojo) for dinner. With a little luck I'll get to pitch a few cards with grrouchie and try to get back the money he took off of me last year :) Perhaps some other bloggers will be around? Let me know, I'd love to meet you.

Till next time, win the flips.

12 comments:

  1. does that mean u are willing to drive to Jean? 15 miles south of the M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'm heading that direction I will. Whatcha got in mind Tony?

      Delete
  2. Lucki - hope your trip is very successful.
    And hopefully some of what you win in your WSOP event comes to the grrouch at the tables!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks grrouchie... except for the second part :)

      Delete
  3. Have a good trip and a great time. I hope to see you (and Ms. Duck), too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to finally meeting you Dave.

      Delete
  4. Hey I'm in Vegas the whole time you are. Lightning already mentioned the possibility of me joining you and Mojo for a dinner. I would love to meet a non-sleazy, non-lying sports handicapper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can make dinner Rob. If I can find a non-sleazy, non-lying sports handicapper, I'll bring him too :)

      Delete
  5. Good luck Lucki. I hope y'all have a great time there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neo. Wish you and PQ were here to join us.

      Delete
  6. I'll see you next week. I get in on the afternoon you will be playing in the WSOP, so I'll check in with you maybe in the early evening and see how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete