Current Lines

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Vegas or Bust Poker League

Our second season of our Vegas or Bust Poker League began last Friday.

We had ten runners seated at the table for the first tournament. From left to right on your radio dial were Big Daddy, Dealer Larry, Lil' Annie Okie, Tin Man, Ranger Rick, Bobby Dee, Stamps, J-Dawg, Philly Phanatic, and yours truly, Lucki Duck.

One addition this season is a $20 high hand pot. Philly won it early when his pocket kings turned into a full house, which also knocked Big Daddy out in tenth place.

Newcomer Ranger Rick was next to go, which surprised me because he's one of the better players. I expect better days are ahead for him.

Philly rivered Tin Man to felt him in seventh, followed by Stamps in sixth.

I was on the ropes when I lost two big pots to Annie and Philly. I shoved my stack  in with A-K soooted and rivered the nut flush. Whew!

J-Dawg was next to fall on his sword, with Bobby Dee out not much later.

Dealer Larry got off to a fast start, but later had a run of bad cards and finished in fourth.

Down to three players, Annie toe-tagged Philly and we were heads up. Annie had a huge chip advantage, but the blinds were high which gave me a chance.

I had a nice run of cards early in the heads up match and combined with a few steals, was able to pull ahead. I raised on the final hand will pocket jacks and Annie shoved with A-J. She was unable to improve and I was able to ship the opening tourney!

It's always nice to get off to a good start :) Click here for the results.

Because of trips to the WSOP by myself and Stamps, our June tournament won't be until the 28th. We should get back on our regular second Friday of the month schedule.

Although it was nice to win, the tournament was far from being the best part of my weekend! Stay tuned, I'll be posting about a big event within a day or two.

Till next time, win the flips.

No comments:

Post a Comment