Current Lines

Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Friend Passes

The call came from Lil' Annie Okie.

"I just got a call from Sarah... Bev passed away last night."

I have to admit, I wasn't exactly shocked at the news, but damn. She fought such a long battle as I described in a post several months ago, and seemed to be getting the upper hand.

I called her daughter Sarah immediately and expressed my condolences to both her and her dad.

"Heart failure," she said. "The doctors said her heart would probably give out before her kidneys because of the strain of dialysis. She went quickly and painlessly, that's all you can ask."

Yeah, I guess.

I nicknamed her "Bluffin' Bev" several years ago because she almost NEVER bluffed. I finally talked her into making a few moves, which resulted in her winning a few chips and putting a smile on her face. But, as with most of us, she reverted back to her same style, so the nickname stayed.

A good soul with an infectious laugh. I'll miss you Bev... and I'm not bluffin'.

Rest in peace my friend.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your friend. I was rooting for her after your previous post.

    ReplyDelete