Current Lines

Monday, November 14, 2011

Back In The Saddle Again

We had eight runners show for Tin Man's $5 NLHE Tourney last Friday. It was the first time in several weeks that we had enough players to actually have a tournament, so it was nice to get back on the horse.

One of our regulars, Bluffin' Bev hadn't come in almost a month, so I called her last week to see what was up. Her husband answered and said that Bev had bypass surgery on one of her legs. It seems the dialysis she requires had caused a calcium buildup that caused the blockage in her groin area. The surgery was successful, but she's currently in rehab in the Austin area. So good thoughts, positive vibes, and prayers for you Ms Bev. Get well soon!

Seated from left to right on your radio dial were Big Daddy, Josh, Ranger Rick, Philly Phanatic, Lil' Annie Okie, Tin Man, Joseph, and yours truly.

Tin Man was hot early, getting several big pocket pairs to take down a few pots and took out Big Daddy and Ranger Rick on the same hand when his A-K hit the flop. A few hands later I felted Joseph when I raised UTG with K-K and Joseph pushed for 10BB with pocket fives. The flop was K-5-Q, giving us both sets. The case 5 didn't come for him and we were down to five players.

Annie lost a decent pot to Philly Phantic, which made her the short stack. She pushed four straight hands, losing the fourth one to her hubby, Tin Man. I imagine he'll be paying for that one for a while :)

Tin Man took out Josh and I toe-tagged Philly. Down to heads-up, Tin Man and I decided to chop the tourney, and since the bounty hadn't been collected, we also chopped it (which happened to be me).

Only five stayed for the $2 buy-in cash game. The most interesting hand was between Philly and myself. I had pocket eights and opened the pot for a 3X raise. Philly and Annie called and the 6-8-6 flop hit me right between the eyes. Annie checked and I bet half the pot with Philly commenting that I was "full of crap" as he called. Philly always thinks I'm bluffing, so I thought I had a good chance of getting paid off in this hand. Annie folded and it was just Philly and I.

There was a possible flush draw on the flop, and I was hoping it would get there on the turn. I put Philly on the draw or two big cards. The turn was an off suit A, which I hoped hit him. I bet half pot again and Philly followed along.

The river was a Q and it also completed the flush. WHEEEE! I bet 3/4 pot, but Philly mucked without showing his cards. Maybe he was on a straight draw, because he would have called with top pair. I guess I'll never know, but I still won a sizeable pot and ended the night with a $7 profit in the cash game.

It was nice to be able to pitch a few cards again. Padding the 'ol bankroll doesn't hurt either!

Till next time, win the flips.

1 comment:

  1. The flop was K-5-Q, giving us both sets.

    Set over set is brutal.

    ReplyDelete