Current Lines

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Dead Assed Last (Almost)

We had eight runners show for Tin Man's $5 NLHE Tourney (plus $1 bounty) last Friday. From left to right on your radio dial were Bluffin' Bev, Big Daddy, Josh, Edie, Philly Phantic, Lil' Annie Okie, Tin Man, and your humble scribe.

Out of the eight, I finished seventh.

I lost a little over half my stack to Big Daddy when I got him all-in on the turn with his trip queens versus my broadway straight. Of course the river paired the board giving him a boat. ARG!

My next big hand was against Josh and Edie. I open shoved my final $45 (4 1/2 BB) with A-K. Josh though awhile before calling with his final $35 with A-Q, and Edie also called for her final $35 with A-3. I leaned over and whispered to Tin Man, "I think that three's gonna get me."

Sure enough the flop had a three in the window. The turn, three. The river, another three, giving Edie quads and knocking me down to one BB. I pushed my next hand (K-9) and paired my 9 on the flop, but a J on the turn and an A on the river paired both my opponents and sent me to the rail.

The $2 buy-in cash game went well and I cashed out with a $6 profit, making me even- steven for the night. No big hands really, although I did push Bev of a better hand with a large river bet to take down a nice pot.

Good times with good people!

Till next time, win the flips.

No comments:

Post a Comment