Current Lines

Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Win Is A Win

We had a lite turnout for Tin Man's $5 NLHE Tournament with only seven showing to play. We added an extra dimension to the game that I really like. A bounty.

Each player picked a card (I think they were Rook cards) and placed them under their chips without looking at the card. All but one of the cards had a red face. The player that had picked the green faced card was the bounty, but no one knew who it was. This kept everyone from gunning for the bounty. When you got knocked out of the tourney, you flip your card up for all to see. If it's the green one, whomever knocked the player out wins the entire bounty pot, which is $1 per player.

And guess who was the first player knocked out? That's right, yours truly! Lil' Okie Annie took almost half my chips early when she flopped a set of threes. My A-Q whiffed the flop, but I C-bet it and Okie smooth called. The flop had a lot of chemistry, with both straight and flush draws, so I put her on a draw.

Smart huh?

The turn was a dry card, so I bet heavy, hoping to push Okie off her draw, or at least make her pay for the opportunity to draw out.

Call.

The river was also a safe card with Okie checking once again. I didn't think there was any way she would call my river bet unless my ace high was beaten, so I checked behind. At least I didn't fire a third barrel!

Big Daddy felted me a little later with a turned full house and I was out early. Deb was next, followed by Philly Phanatic, who was the bounty. Tin Man not only won the $7 bounty, but also chopped first place with Lil' Okie Annie. At least she put my chips to good use.

The $2 buy-in cash game started slow for me and I had to re-buy when Deb rivered a flush and beat my two pair. Things turned around for me and I was able to take a couple of large pots off of Big Daddy. Sweet revenge!

Overall I lost $6 in the tournament and won $7 in the cash game. A $1 net profit bay-bee!

Hey, a win is a win.

Till next time, win the flips!

No comments:

Post a Comment