Current Lines

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Poker League Invitation

I've been invited to participate in a local poker league. Beginning in April, ten players will meet the first and third Monday of each month for the next year. First prize is a seat to the WSOP Main Event plus travel expenses. There is no second place.

My dilemma is two fold. First, the buy-in is $1200, not exactly "small potatoes." Second, Monday night is a problem, as I currently bowl in a league on Mondays. My poker bankroll has grown large enough to handle the buy-in, but the larger problem is the conflict with bowling. I really enjoy rolling the rock!

Plus, I'm already playing live poker two nights a week. A third might be too much and cause me to burn out on the game.

I don't know.

Currently I'm playing on Fridays with two of the league players, Tin Man and RandomOrder. They're both accomplished players whom I respect, but I feel my game is on par with theirs, so I feel like I could be competitive in the league.

I told them that I would give them an answer Friday, so I guess I have some cyferin' to do between now and then.

Till next time, win the flips.

3 comments:

  1. Live poker two nights a week plus a bowling league = living the good life. Trading your bowling night for a $1200 investment with a 1 in 10 chance to play the WSOP Main Event? I dunno -- seems like you have things set up really well right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I guess it's a good problem. To be honest though, if I won the league I doubt I would spend it all on the Main Event. I'd probably go play in one of the prelims and pocket the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'd probably go play in one of the prelims and pocket the difference."

    My feelings exactly. You could always play two WSOP donkathons and still have anywhere from $5-8000 left for other things.

    ReplyDelete