Current Lines

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Lightning's Texas Music Lesson

If you saw lightning's post today, you know that he and Ms. Lightning are headed to my part of the country... Texas. We have tried to arrange to meet for a drink or a meal, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Since we can't get together, I thought the least I can do is introduce him to a couple of Texas music legends.

Ray Wylie Hubbard and Jerry Jeff Walker have been a part of the Texas music scene since the '70s. Of course, two first names is a requirement to play in Texas (see Stevie Ray Vaughn), and Texas music is an acquired taste. One which I certainly have acquired!

So, without any further adu, here's Ray Wylie and Jerry Jeff.

Ray Wylie Hubbard- "Snake Farm"

                 Jerry Jeff Walker- "Pickup Truck Song"

Enjoy y'all!

Till next time, win the flips.





4 comments:

  1. If someone told me that I would be spending the night in Atlanta, I would have thought I was in Georgia, not Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you made it to east Texas. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping for Red Neck Mother from Jerry Jeff Walker. But this will do. Sorry you two can't hook up

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Neo- Yeah, Redneck Mother might have been a better choice, especially since Ray Wylie wrote it!

    I agree on not being able to hook up since he's within 100 miles. Hopefully we can all get together again in Vegas before too long.

    ReplyDelete