Current Lines

Monday, April 14, 2014

Vegas or Bust Poker League Wraps Up Another Season

Our Vegas or Bust Poker League wrapped up its second season last Friday. I have been fortunate enough to win first place both times.

I finished third in our April tournament, but the two seats to the WSOP were decided last month, so play was a little looser than in most of our tourneys.

I am tentatively planning to play in Event 56 on June 29th. Ms. Duck and I will arrive in Vegas on June 23rd and head home on July 3rd or 4th. It's longer than we usually stay, but since Ms. Duck has been out of work for over a year, we don't get to come but once a year, and only then if I win the league. (Of course, if my Full Tilt money comes through, that would be enough to fund several trips. Fingers crossed on that one!)

So, if any of you scribes and angle-shooters will be in town the end of June, let me know so we can get together.

Our final league standings are HERE if you're interested.

Till next time, win the flips.

6 comments:

  1. good job,brother. yeah my sharks play the kings. should b good series. at beginning of year put 5 buckoeroos on san jose at 18-1 to win lord stanleys cup. hope.hope. well hagd, sir

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your score. Hope you do even better in the WSOP than last year, why not?

    I don't have my Full Tilt money yet, but I don't have enough there to worry about. Interestingly, some players (like lightning36) already have theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lightning is part of the TBC INNER CIRCLE. membership has its benefits

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I thought you were getting second place. Not sure why you and MOJO didn't get your Full Tilt money. Did you follow the proper procedures and timelines?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice again, very nice. Make a note of EVERYTHING while you're in the desert. If you're staying for ten days, you should be able to post enough after you return home to help get me through the month of July... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! That's just great. I should be around town then, so hopefully I'll be able to bring you some good luck like last year. We should definitely plan on having Lightning buying us another dinner. And hopefully the lovely Mrs. Duck will have more tales of boobs sightings.

    ReplyDelete