Current Lines

Friday, June 22, 2012

Pokerpalooza!

We had nine runners show to pitch a few cards at the Duck Blind. Farmer Harry brought pizza and my daughter baked some chocolate chip cookies with smores centers, so we ate well, but certainly not healthy.

I won the first hand of the evening in this $20 buy-in, dealer's choice limit game, with tens full of aces in a hand of hold'em. I held pocket tens and the flop came A-T-A. WHEEEE!!! I knew it was gonna be my night :)

I was wrong.

I won only one more hand in three hours of play, twice losing with full houses. That gets expensive and I finished the night $27 in the red. If it wasn't my worse night I've had in the 2-3 years I've played in this game, it had to be close.

Harry won the High Hand Jackpot with quad kings, which he rivered in a hand of Omaha High and was the big winner on the evening, cashing out a $40 profit. Stamps and Cell also did well, both doubling their $20 buy-ins. Ollie the Accountant went home broke, Glass Man lost a couple bucks, and both Dealer Larry and Ray-Ray donated some cashola.

I'll be playing in Tin Man's $5 NLHE Tourney tonight. He and Lil' Annie Okie have been out of town the last few Fridays, so it'll be good to see everyone again and play some cards.

Heading to Arlington tomorrow with Sonny Boy to see the Rangers/Rockies game. It should be fun and hopefully we'll see a Rangers win :)

Till next time, win the flips.

No comments:

Post a Comment