Current Lines

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hellmuth Wins 12th WSOP Bracelet

Anyone paying attention to the WSOP this year? Looking over the entry levels, it looks like they're down from last year.

I did notice that Phil Hellmuth took down his 12th bracelet, winning a Razz event. I think that it's his first in a non hold'em event. Say what you want about the man, he's one helluva tournament poker player who stays relevant in the poker world.


Good luck to all my blog friends who are entering an event this summer. I'm not heading to Vegas until late August, so I won't be able to join you, but I'm hoping to be playing in the WSOP next year.

Maybe felt Mr. Hellmuth :)

4 comments:

  1. Look forward to seeing you next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would pay good money to see you felt Phil Hellmuth. I mostly don't like him but he is one hell of a tournament player. And he's changed his game some to play back at the younger guys who seemed to have his numberHe came very close to winning a couple of non holdem events last year but to break his string in Razz? That's a surprising game to breakthrough

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hitting a two-outer on the river to felt him would be priceless. Can you imagine the meltdown? It would make Pompeii look like a campfire!

      Delete