Current Lines

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Friday Night Live

Bubble Boy
We had 10 runners show for Tin Man's $5 NLHE Tournament (+ $1 bounty) Friday night. And for the third time in a row, Ms Lucki Duck joined the festivities.

Bluffin' Bev was the first casulty of the evening, running her straight into Philly Fanatic's flush. Shortly after that hand there was a misdeal. I took a peek at my hole cards just for fun (who can resist) and saw K-K.

ARRRGGGHHH!

I played tight early and was able to almost double up thru Lil' Debbie. With blinds at $5-10, Debbie min-raised from UTG. I pushed for 9BB with pocket aces, hoping to isolate Debbie who was pretty much committed with only $60 behind her. As expected, she called and tabled 7-7. She wasn't able to improve and was knocked out. Fortunately for me she was the bounty and I collected $10. Nice.

Ms. Duck stuck around awhile, but busted out in sixth. I lasted a little longer, but just couldn't get a playable hand late in the tourney. Lil' Okie Annie busted me when I pushed with K-5 soooted and she woke up with A-Q. Although I was live, my hand didn't improve and that was that.

Can you say "Bubble Boy?"

The $2 buy-in cash game went well. I was card dead for the first hour or so, but then things started looking up. I won a big pot off of Philly Phanatic and a couple of medium sized ones from Bluffin' Bev and Big Daddy. I cashed out for a $10 profit at the end of the evening. Added to the $4 profit from winning the bounty in the tourney, it ended up being a nice evening, money wise. it didn't quite make up for my fiasco at J-Dawgs the night before, but I'll take it!

On the way home, Ms Duck complained, "I just didn't get any good hands." Spoken like a true veteran poker player.

I'm so proud!

Till next time, win the flips.

2 comments:

  1. 'On the way home, Ms Duck complained, "I just didn't get any good hands." Spoken like a true veteran poker player.'

    Please tell Ms. Duck to make the proper citation when she quotes me. tyia

    ReplyDelete