Current Lines

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

SNG Challenge- Race to 100

I played in a $3.30 Triple Up tournament last Thursday, but didn't write any hand notes, thinking I'd look up the hand history later. However, Bovada's software makes searching for specific hands extremely tedious, so you'll have to trust me (and the screen shot below) that I won for the eleventh time in my challenge

I did take notes on the one I won Monday night, so there's that.

I started fast when dealt pocket aces in middle position. Blinds were $15/30 and after one limper, the player to my right min-raised to $60. I three bet to $160, only to be four bet to $540 by the big blind.

Wow, this was gonna be interesting!

The original raiser five bet all-in for $1,141. What's better than being five bet while holding pocket aces? I called, as did the BB.

The original raiser flipped over Q-Q and the big blind showed J-J, both in bad shape against my A-A.

The tables turned on the flop, with a queen in the window. The turn was a blank, but the river was a tourney-saving ace!

Your classic re-suck and I was sitting on 3,600 chips.

With blinds at $50/100 and still leading the tournament with almost 4,400 chips, I raised to $225 from middle position with A-5. The big blind called the additional $125.

The flop was A-8-3 rainbow and the BB checked. The board was dry, so I checked behind, hoping for a bet from my opponent on the turn. He checked after a jack hit on the turn, so I pushed out 170 chips and got a call.

I bet another $225 on the river when a second ace showed its face, but didn't get a call, but now I had a commanding chip lead.

At the $75/150 level, with only five players left, I raised to $325 from UTG + 1 with A-K. The big blind came along and we were heads-up.

The 6-K-2 flop looked good enough to call my opponent's shove for $1,141 and he showed pocket sevens. No help for him on the turn or river and we were on the bubble and I was in possession of over half the chips.

The final hand was at the $100/200 level. I was the big blind when the dealer shoved his last $475 in the middle. My Q-7 hand wasn't too good, but with only $275 to call, there wasn't much of a decision to be made.

The villain tabled K-Q and had me in bad shape, but we all know poker is rigged. The 6-7-Q flop was simply another nugget of evidence. Another 7 on the turn sealed the deal and number 12 was in the books.

Eighty-eight to go!

Till next time, win the flips.




No comments:

Post a Comment