Current Lines

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Oh Happy Day!


I received the following notice via e-mail yesterday.

What has it been, almost four years?

Dear Lucki Duck,

The purpose of this email is to inform you that your Petition for Remission has been approved and you are entitled to receive a distribution from the assets forfeited in connection with United States v. PokerStars, et al., pending in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. 

A payment in the amount of $---- will be paid electronically via ACH to the bank account that you specified in your Petition.  This payment represents the full amount of your Full Tilt Poker Account Balance, which you confirmed on the Full Tilt Poker administration online filing site.  Payment will be made within the next seven business days.  

If you have any questions, you can call us toll-free at (866) 250-2640, email us at info@FullTiltPokerClaims.com, or write to us at Full Tilt Poker Claims Administration, c/o GCG, P.O. Box 9965, Dublin, Ohio 43017-5965.  For additional information you may also visit the administration website at www.FullTiltPokerClaims.com.
I wasn't smart enough to heed the warning signs that the end could be near for online poker. I let my poker roll build on Full Tilt, treating it as a "savings account," earmarked for a rainy day or perhaps a future vacation.

Once the hammer dropped, I soon learned (as we all did), that Full Tilt was nothing more than a ponzi scheme and the money was long gone. It was not a fun time. I got pretty good at sit-n-gos and built a nice bankroll. To see it vanish was traumatic and I am thrilled to recover it. Heck, I would have been happy to get half of it back.

So, today is a good day!

If and when online poker is legalized, I'll not make the same mistake. I don't know exactly where my cut-off will be before I cash out part of my roll, but be assured it'll be well below what my Full Tilt balance was.

Till next time, win the flips.

11 comments:

  1. Is there some reason you didn't get it when the earlier distribution was made? I don't recall if there was a problem then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard they were holding off on some of the larger amounts in the earlier distribution. I'm not sure if there's anything to that observation. Even if it took a little longer, I'm glad to finally receive it.

      Delete
  2. reason for not saying how much it is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None Tony, but it definitely left a mark when I realized it was gone.

      Delete
  3. Mr. Lucki Duck, congrats! If it's not too personal, can you say if the payout was more than three digits? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks xdex. The payout was a little north of $6,600.

      Delete
    2. Wow. I am surprised you left that much in the account. I was always way too paranoid about not being able to get my money and frequently withdrew.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, probably not my best decision. But, I can assure you that it won't happen again.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on getting the money. I still haven't been paid, but it was only a little less than $100.

    ReplyDelete