Current Lines

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Vegas or Bust Poker League


There were 10 of us seated around the poker table Friday night for the fourth of 12 league tournaments. The two highest finishers win seats to the 2014 WSOP in Las Vegas.

From left to right on your radio dial were J-Dawg, Dealer Larry, Ranger Rick, Bobby Dee, Tin Man, Stamps, Lil' Annie Okie, Philly Phanatic, Big Daddy, and yours truly, Lucki Duck.

For the third time in four tourneys, Big Daddy was the first to fall on his sword. Surprisingly, Stamps was next to go when he shoved his set of queens and was called by Bobby and his up and down straight draw. The straight hit on the turn and the board didn't pair on the river, and just like that, Stamps was gone.

Ranger Rick was next to receive a toe tag. When Rick joined the league this year, I thought he would be one of the top players, but he's gotten off to a slow start and finds himself near the bottom of the standings at the one-third mark of the season.

I was next to go. I had a four flush on the flop and bet half the pot after it was checked around to me. Tin Man was the only caller. The turn missed me, and Tin Man check/called my second bullet. The river also missed me, but now there was four to a straight on the board. Tin Man checked and I nudged forward a 3/4 pot bet, hoping to push him off his hand. He struggled with his decision, but finally made the correct one and called me. I tabled my busted flush draw and Tin Man showed his flopped set of sevens. The hand crippled me and I was unable to recover, finally shoving with pocket fours. Bobby and Annie both called, so when I didn't hit my set I knew I was a dead duck. Tin Man did me in with two pair.

Philly, J-Dawg, and Dealer Larry were the next three to get felted, followed by Tin Man.

Lil' Annie Okie was able to outlast Bobby Dee, winning her second tournament in four tries. Combined with her two second place finishes, she has built a commanding lead and will be hard to catch.

Click here for the complete standings.

Till next time, win the flips.

3 comments:

  1. Undoubtedly your lowest tourney finish ever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully that will be your only clunker. You are still in great position. Repeat of the Las Vegas trip in your future?

    ReplyDelete