Current Lines

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Skunked


I only had time to play one $6, 18 man SNG last night on Full Tilt, but I think that may have been a good thing.

I was the BB on the second hand when I was dealt AQ off. With a few limpers, I checked my option since I was out of position. The flop is a Q high rainbow and I lead out for $120T into a $180T pot. The button is my only customer, but having played with him before, my HUD indicated he was a maniac, so I was feeling pretty good about my chances. The turn looked harmless, so I bet $360T into the $480T pot and the villain calls. The river completes a gut shot straight draw, so I decide to check. I don't know what I would have done if the villain had made a 3/4 or more pot bet, but he only bet $30T into the now $1200T pot. LOL. Of course I called and the villain tables A9 off, with the 9 completing his gut shot.

Wonderful.

Little did I know that this hand would be the only decent one I would see on this night. Nothing but trash hands, combined with an aggressive table, kept me from playing hardly any hands. I finally got so short I ended up open shoving a suited J from the button. It didn't hold and I completed the entire SNG without winning a single pot.

Call it what you want, shut out, o-fer, zip, zilch, nada.

I call it being skunked.

2 comments: