Current Lines

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Lucki Duck, TV Star


I belong to a local community service organization named Sertoma, which is an acronym for SERvice TO MAnkind.

Cute, huh?

Our mission is to provide hearing aids to underprivileged children in central Texas. Of course, you need money to support this cause. Trust me, hearing aids aren't cheap and each child usually requires two. We are hosting our Sertoma Kitefest this Saturday, which is our largest fundraiser of the year. Tomorrow I'm appearing on the local noon news to promote the event during a three minute interview.

I've done this type of interview for the event the last couple of years, but I still get nervous because you don't want to look like an idiot in front of that many people. I mean, my family and friends already know I'm a dufus, but I'd like to keep that a secret from the community at large!

So, wish me luck and if you're in the Waco area Saturday, drop by for some fun. The link with directions is below.


Sertoma Kitefest

2 comments:

  1. can you post the interview here? that would be way cool. Sounds like a great cause. good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IDK Josie. As you know, I am technologically challenged!

    If the TV station posts it on their website, I'll try to post it here.

    Congrats on the nice run in the Mookie.

    ReplyDelete